Friday, March 04, 2011

I've Got Pink on the Brain

I've been on the hunt for deals lately... specifically pink deals!  As you may recall, we renovated Emerson's room before we knew that she was going to be a she.  I decided to paint the room a beautiful blue-- I still LOVE the blue in there.  It obviously would have worked for a boy's room, but the blue is pretty enough that it looks great for a girl too.  But, I've had pink on the brain lately.   It's probably because pink is quickly becoming a trendy color to decorate with-- it's in the magazines, on the internet, in the stores... and I'm starting to like it.  I've never really been a pink girl.  When I was a kid my Mom painted my room pink-- I covered it in hockey posters-- true story... so I probably wouldn't opt to paint an entire room pink.  But I think it looks fabulous as a accent color.  So over the past few weeks I've been shopping for pink.... here's what I've found!


I may have also bought pink hand towels for my bathroom... :)

Operation "pink-ify" Emerson's room is now underway.  I've got some work to do-- as usual, I have a hard time buying and leaving things "as is"-- it's probably because I can never find exactly what I'm looking for... at a reasonable price (when I say reasonable I mean dirt cheap).  So I've got some sewing, framing, spray painting, and DIY-ing ahead of me this weekend.  Hope this little lady likes it!


As I was looking at this picture of Emerson, I saw this picture of Caleb as a baby.  I usually don't think that Emerson looks like Caleb did as a baby, but this picture is starting to make me think differently...


What a pretty baby boy he was... he's sure gonna love me for that comment one day...

Have a good weekend everyone!

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

I can totally relate to the previous pink skepticism, but I agree... its an awesome accent color these days. Especially the bold pinks that seem to be overrunning the design magazines right now. I can't wait to see what you do with your purchases. Looks very promising!

Behind The LEnns said...

Yes, I agree about the pink, but the pinks nowadays is so much nicer. Those shades are going to look awesome in Emerson's room with the shade of blue on the walls. And yes those kids to look a lot alike.

Laurie

gord and janice said...

Love the pink! Great finds Elissa!

gord and janice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Danae said...

Cute! I love the pink accents... I had actually been eyeing that "Keep Calm and Carry On" poster the other day on Etsy, love it!

rachel joy said...

With my 3 boys, pink is unknown territory for me! But that's okay, I'm happy to admire the beauty of it from further afar. Where did you get the Keep Calm poster? I found some online but would love to get it locally if I can. Or did you just print it?